IGNORED

Online Poker

Poet

Anyway, I agree with you davweb, and his play was pretty much uniformly poor throughout, chasing gutshots, etc - he kept on hitting them mind.

Anyway, now started playing SNGs for cash. My first $5+$0.50 left me chasing from the small stack early on through to win. Woo $25 for tight aggressive play! One unfortunate bluff was enough to short stack me, so I kept it "real" the rest of the game. It paid off beautifully. I could get used to playing SNGs a great deal.

I tried a short handed Ultra Turbo on Bet365 first actually; just a $2 thing to see how it feels - it's a fucking crap shoot on that site. Forget it. I'll not be playing them ever again.

Turbo means blinds increase ridiculously quickly - every two minutes kind of quick.

Yep, on UB. Ultra Turbo games mean the blinds go up every two-and-a-half minutes, Turbo games more like five minutes or so. It's hard to adjust a tightish game to that situation at first, but I guess it's good practice for when you need to change gears in normal tournament games.

Yep, on UB. Ultra Turbo games mean the blinds go up every two-and-a-half minutes, Turbo games more like five minutes or so. It's hard to adjust a tightish game to that situation at first, but I guess it's good practice for when you need to change gears in normal tournament games.

Not when you had NOTHING but rags for the first 10 minutes, as I did. Utter, utter garbage which I think bottom paired the board once. Just throwing money away to who gets the monsters first.

Of course, if it had been me getting those cards, I wouldn't mind so much. Still, not my type of game.

So, 3 $5+0.50 SNGs so far, won 1, out of the money on the 2nd, came 2nd in the 3rd. Including my $2+0.50 Extreme Turbo fucknut play when I was also OOTM, I've hit a return of 111% thusfar. This will not last. I'll come back when I've played about 50 of the bastards to see how I'm doing, then start caring about such things when I've played 100. Be nice to see over 30% long term (some guy on 2+2 mentioned he multitables $100+9 STTs pretty much exclusively and hits a return of 35%, which I can totally believe).

BTW, 3rd game: 10,000 in chips on the table headsup, me with 4920, AK in pocket, I raise, he reraised, etc until we're both all in (well, he has some change left over). He has AQ and hits a Queen on the flop to take it. And I really don't care - I played some wicked amazing poker, and so the beat didn't hurt.

Congrats Poet.

I found the odd SNG does wonders for my game. The fixed stack forces you to play tight which then reminds you how good that can be.

You're right about your bonkers return not lasting - I've been out on the first hand (going on all-in pre-flop with pocket Queens). But you certainly sound up to beating the odds to come out in profit.

I hope we'll see you back in the forum games. Someone needs to give Thush a lesson and I'm not sure I'm up to it.

Oh and wish everyone good luck at the real life tourney this weekend.

Jesus CHRIST this is frustrating.

Last two STT games - lost going in with a small stack all in against another small stack with AQo vs KTo - he hit trip Kings. Placed outside the money. Next one, called a big stack raise All in with KQ, he had K8 and hit an 8. Finished one place out of the money.

Poker gods are fucking me hard. No lube.

Just reading my notes on my online STTs. Of my 9 games so far, this is how five of them have played out:

*Out All in on QQ preflop - had the best of it but Ace came down to pair 2 others

*All in headsup preflop with AK; he had AQ, Queen came on flop

*All in on AA against 77 - he hit QUAD 7s

*Lost going all in AQo losing to KT - he hit K trips

*All in KQ vs K8, lost to an 8 coming down

Fuck. Me. Had the best of it 5 times pre flop, lost 5 times. I fucking loathe this game sometimes.

I know ;)

But really, fucking hell! I've not gone all in with the worst of it at any point so far out of 9 games. In the 5 where I had to make a move (as you usually do at some point when the blinds escalate quickly), I've been taken out by some serious underdogs hitting their miracle outs. Again and again!

1. Already 2 Aces out, only an Ace can beat my QQ what with them having Ace-rag each (well, one had A8, which is pretty much the same when facing Queens). Two full outs in the remaining 46 cards, with some outside flopping trip chance. Ace comes down.

2. Only a Queen or a VERY lucky straight of 4 card flush could beat me. 3 full outs and a little sauce on top. No problem. Had the Queen to make it easy.

3. Oh NO! 2 outs to take on the AA and some remote straight possibility about once every blue moon. Hitting a set of 7s isn't enough. HAVE THEM BOTH.

4. Six full outs, 48 unseen cards. Fuck it - let's give you TWO of those bad boys.

5. You're totally dominated. You really REALLY need an 8 to have any chance of a win - 3 full outs eh? Here you go, have one.

FUCK. ME. SIDEWAYS. With a giant marrow. Happening now and again no issue, but again and again in a row is PISSING ME OFF. And the way some of these guys have been playing - calling 4BB+ with pocket 7s with a medium stack (so if they lose they're fucked while if they win they're still not in the big cash pile range)... oh it's just poor play.

They will pay... oh yes, they will pay.

Dear Blog,

After my initial nice streak came the horrible losing streak of $5+0.50 tournaments, so I figured it was time to move over to the cash games and try my luck there. So I played some $0.50/$1 Limit, both at 6 table and 10 table. Within about 60 minutes I thought I'd try multitabling for real money for the first time in my life. Two tables up, concentration at full. It was tough. However, within two hours I was $39 up, thanks to some incredibly loose, ridiculous play from massively loose aggressive players seeing raises all the way to the river. For that level of play, it's an impossible long term target to pull in that much money that quickly.

In summation, TIGHT AGGRESSIVE FOR THE WIN and fuck off STTs where the blinds double up every 10 hands and you start with an M of only 33 FOR THE FIRST BLINDS, meaning you have to add considerably to your stack almost immediately if you don't want to have to start playing overly aggressive with marginal hands against a relatively full table.

Sincerely yours,

Poet

Played an hour of $1/$2 limit - down then back up against all sorts of players. Anyway, ended the session $5 up, plus thanks to the raked hands am already due for $30 extra from Bet365. Need to push that up to $150 by end of Sept so need to play a shitload of poker before then! If I can keep winning PLUS get an extra $150 then the last ten days will have netted me over $250 - not bad for "fun". Then onto another site and another and another...

Also, decided the STTs at Bet365 are too stifling in terms of blinds raising every 10 hands, so will play them only sporadically. Plus I'm a massive loser there and I'd rather play poker than base my money won or lost on far too much luck. Blinds needs to go up far slower than that in a 10 person STT. Cash games FTW!

Well, I'm sitting here feeling poorly but my headache has gone so I thought I'd play a little poker. WOW variance is a bitch..

I had 3 HUGE beats (for the level being played) at the river in quick succession: a gutshot straight (he had A3o and was chasing a 4 with me betting aggressively all the way!); a flush with nothing else going for him - both against my sets (not trips - well concealed SETS); and a gutshot straight against 2 pair - ALL cost me HUGE. Over $60 loss just those 3 hands and $75 total on 1 table, while being up about $20 on the other table. What can you do, eh? Being aggressive but calling stations are there to be loved... or something. FUCKERS.

ARGH and I just called with QJo, J comes down, and calling station keeps on calling me, 9 comes on river and he has J9! Mother fuckers.

Now only up $16 at $1/$2 at just over 1BB per hour (up $39 at $0.50/$1 at 18BB/hr - slightly ridiculous I know, but I didn't play much at that level) thanks to those losses - rivered to lose close on $90 from those 3 and then that last one. Ah well... without these people getting lucky others couldn't grind out a profit. Only $55 up in the last 3 days. Just glad bet365 are adding $150 "free" just for playing. Should have played enough by tomorrow to claim the whole lot. And then onto the next site for more whoring...

Oh, I played one more STT and came 3rd, so that's a little of the loss on that side eleviated as well.

So far, a winning player over a little over 900 hands, had more than my fair share of unlucky rivers but enjoying it, even though I curse the river outs while have cost me over 50% of my profit (let's not discuss the sodding STT out catching I've been subjected to) and swear at my screen a little while typing something like "nice catch", and making some cash. My online wins are all going back into my bankroll... as is the free whoring money. Started with £100 - I wonder if I can build that to £1,000 within a couple of months?

Wicked. Then I'll keep on posting.

Thanks to playing over a hundred raked hands yesterday I was allowed to enter a $1,000 Freeroll MTT. 775 entrants, I ended up 22nd and winning a free $5 - no big deal but it all helps. Of course, I had to lose my stack in a now typical "in with the best of it" style, so called a small/medium stack LAG (that's loose aggressive player folks) preflop all in with AK, for him to have AT and catching a Ten on the turn. Otherwise I more than likely would have hit final table. 1st prize was $250, so it would have been nice.

I had a dabble on a $5 ($1500 guaranteed) tourney last night.

It all started quite promising, after the first couple of hours I was in the top 3 with about 70 left in it. (Payout places started at 40)

I then took a nasty beating. Had KK and matched an all-in. They had A7s and hit 2 more A's on the flop. That knocked me down to about 9,000 chips and it was bit of a slippery slope from there. The blinds and antes started to hurt and I just managed to hang in there until we hit 40 players remaining. (The last 2 seemed to take an eternity to go out)

I was then in 37th with about 5,000 chips remaining... folded a pair of 5s to see a third 5 come down on the flop (that hurt bigtime as It was a massive pot and would easily have put me back into the top 20) and then went out on the next hand.

Won a whopping $9!! Go me! :wub:

I've been playing a lot of $5 head to head Hold-em SNGs at UB. I like them because of the guaranteed constant action.

However, it seems that I'm shit at them. Keep upping my agression until I'm going all-in with marginal hands and getting called. It seems that in each session I can win a couple but then I get carried away into thinking I'm Doyle Brunson or something.

My tip: don't ever answer Yes to the "Rematch?" question unless you just won. Despite turning all my wins into repeat wins I keep challenging people who've just beaten me with predictable results. :wub:

After months on free play in Pokerroom.com, last night I signed myself up with UB and played my first Real Money game online.

I picked a 5c/10c sit and play game and gave myself $2.50. Of course I then got in there to find every one else with $5-$20. Ah well.

I try playing tight and realise after about 20 hands that I'm not quite tight enough. I see the flop 4 times with pocket pictures (but nothing paired) and get nowt. Then I hit pocket Jacks and get a Jack on the flop. Sweet. Only one other caller and he goes all-in with a whopping 60cents. Which is actually a blessing in disguise as he hits a straight Jack high. Disappointing.

So I'm now down to $1.10, folding or getting beat all over the shop and feeling a bit foolish for daring to try a Real Money game. That is until... MY POCKET ROCKETS COME UP! And what's this? An Ace on the Flop? All-in time! Can you say FOUR callers? Can you say EAT IT!!!

So now I'm up and happy, but still playing tight. I then get unbelievably lucky when I hit J8o on the big blind with 2 callers. I check to see J88 on the flop. Sweet. Player one checks, I raise $1. Player two folds. Back to Player one who calls. The Turn is a 10. He's obviously got a straight as he bets $5 to make me go all in. I'm a jammy sod.

$10 to the good and a huge smile on my face. But, of course, almost prophetically it all goes to shit. I catch my second lot of pocket Jacks and raise to 20c. The next guy raises to 30c. All others fold so I re-raise to 40c. He then re-raises to $2.50. First mistake here by me in that I just forget there are 3 other pocket pairs better than mine. So I call. And the flop is 739 different suits.

This afternoon I now know that I should fold. Last night however, I get the whiff that I can bully him. So raise $1. He goes all-in. So I call. Guess what he's got? That's right, AA. How did you know ;).

So I lost $2.50 but had a good 2 hours of awesome fun. And I really did learn quite a bit.

Like the fact I now HATE pocket Jacks.

Sorry to intrude on your blog poet, but can anyone point me towards some good bedtime Hold 'Em reading.

I was tempted to go for the Dan Harrington two volume set, Harrinton on Hold 'Em, and Hilger's Internet Texas Hold 'Em, as they all review well on amazon.

Any thoughts on these, or others I should go for. As a relative beginner (witness my play at the rllmuk tourney's!) I need something to lift me up tactically, but I also want it to be a breezy read.

j.

I've been playing the odd .01/.02c games (both limit & no-limit) since last weeks RLLMUK game, and overall I'm sitting at around $4 profit.

Certainly think I need to tighten up my game, and get the balls to throw larger bets at my good hands, but I think I'm slowly improving.

Sorry to intrude on your blog poet, but can anyone point me towards some good bedtime Hold 'Em reading.

I was tempted to go for the Dan Harrington two volume set, Harrinton on Hold 'Em, and Hilger's Internet Texas Hold 'Em, as they all review well on amazon.

Any thoughts on these, or others I should go for. As a relative beginner (witness my play at the rllmuk tourney's!) I need something to lift me up tactically, but I also want it to be a breezy read.

j.

Harrington is easily the best, best written, most enoyable guide I've read so far.

Well, I played for a couple of hours today and now know the true meaning of BEING RAPED IN THE ASS BY A BUNCH OF FUCKING SHIT POKER PLAYERS.

Let me break it down for you:

1. Lost a $33 pot to a guy calling down all my raises, starting with a FULL FOUR BET PRE FLOP - I had AA, he had KTo (WTF?!?!?!?!!)and be caught two Tens on the turn and river to give him Trips! He had NOTHING beforehand. I have no fucking idea what he was doing. Except taking my money.

2. Then lost a $21.50 pot to someone two hands later with his KT while I had QJs and JT8 (w/2diamonds so had flush draw, gutshot straight draw and top pair) and he kept on betting - hit a Ten each on the flop and then the river to give him trips! Yes. Again.

3. Then lost with Pocket Aces (and another Ace on the turn to give me a set!) to a flush (Q8 in his pocket!!!) on the river to wipe out the best part of $100. He had nothing else.

4. Finally, then lost a $25.57 pot with JJ with someone calling my raises all the way down with 44 - he hit an Ace on the river to give him an A-5 straight.

And that's how you lose over $100 in a couple of hours. Thank fuck I made nearly $50 on another table at the same time.

Fuck me I'm pissed off playing these cunts - there is NO WAY these guys had a fucking clue what they were doing.

So now I'm out of the money at $1/2 and only slightly up in my ring games overall. And livid playing fucking cunting stupid shitty cunting players at Bet365, so I'm taking the free $150 they've given me and fucking off elsewhere to make more money. Theose players were atrocious and there's nothing I can do about it when you play these cunts with the best of it each time and they hit their miracle outs time and again on the river. I played TAG and lost. Hard.

Number of outs on river for each of these cunts:

1. 2 outs - the other two Tens

2. 4 outs - the 2 non-diamond Kings and 2 Tens

3. 8 outs - the remainder of the suit

4. 8 outs - Aces or 5s.

That is FUCKING BULLSHIT. The first two had no right in those pots while the others could at least justify it by calling pot odds at the river, but then they shouldn't have been in there in the first place with those hands.

Fucking hell it's tough playing at this joke level. I'm off to beat the shit out of something.