Well its a tad hackneyed but overall a rather enjoyable new show.

Seek it out via the usual method.

Basically the WB channels replacement for Angel, starring Jensen Ackles who played Lana's Boyfriend in S4 of Smallville.

It's about 2 brothers searching for their father who himself is seeking the answer to mystery of his wifes death. Along the way they encounter much spookiness.

The pilot is up and its your basic ghost hitchhiker tale but with some lovely FX.

I shall be watching the series if its picked up.

Pfft.

Replacement for Angel.

Pfft.

I know, but it did entertain though and hey I cant help the WB's stupidity. Realised the main character was wearing the Doctors leather jacket as well.

Cant believe I enjoyed it so much as well, seeing as McG(spits) is involved with the show.

• 1 month later...
just thought I'd bump this thread in case anyone has it flying down their TV pipe. Opinions?

Not seen it. There was an online promo of the first episode last week but it was region locked so people outside the US couldn't view it. :angry:

I believe that ITV have bought the series and will be showing it on ITV2 (with late night repeats on ITV1).

Fishy

Not seen it. There was an online promo of the first episode last week but it was region locked so people outside the US couldn't view it. :lol:

I believe that ITV have bought the series and will be showing it on ITV2 (with late night repeats on ITV1).

Fishy

But that pilot has been up on bittorrent for about 2 months now? That isnt region locked? In fact explain this region locking how the hell does that work then?

On the Yahoo site, there was an option to watch the first episode by streaming it to your computer. It only accepted American users (probably checked the IP), and you had to use IE.

The Showtime site also only accepts American viewers, again you can probably bypass it by using a proxy.

Or use bittorrent :lol:

Supernatural could have been great, only:

- They were shooting ghosts with guns?

- It clearly should have had demons instead of ghosts

- Rubbish plotting throughout

- Rubbish dialogue

- Rubbish backstory and characters

- Characters are too young

- That stupid 'interview' in the cafe felt more like a scene in a detective show. These guys aren't about gathering clues, they're about killing demons.

- Stupid girlfriend in the hotpants can fuck off

From the premise I figured it would be done in the style of From Dusk Till Dawn: two ultra-cool no-nonsense motherfuckers, driving along the long dusty roads of the US in a convertible, going to your average titty bar and having a big fight with the demons inside. Lots of action, comedy, and horror.

Instead we got two rubbish teenagers driving along, with plenty of boring dialogue, finding out about an old legend of some ghost. Piss off!

Supernatural could have been great, only:

- They were shooting ghosts with guns?

- It clearly should have had demons instead of ghosts

- Rubbish plotting throughout

- Rubbish dialogue

- Rubbish backstory and characters

- Characters are too young

- That stupid 'interview' in the cafe felt more like a scene in a detective show. These guys aren't about gathering clues, they're about killing demons.

- Stupid girlfriend in the hotpants can fuck off

From the premise I figured it would be done in the style of From Dusk Till Dawn: two ultra-cool no-nonsense motherfuckers, driving along the long dusty roads of the US in a convertible, going to your average titty bar and having a big fight with the demons inside. Lots of action, comedy, and horror.

Instead we got two rubbish teenagers driving along, with plenty of boring dialogue, finding out about an old legend of some ghost. Piss off!

The girl was hot tho dude :lol:

• 1 month later...

Supernatural this week - the bullet point recap (SPOILERS-ISH):

*Whatever is about to happen, the girl's father is clearly involved somehow.

*Ooooh urban legend. Perhaps not.

*Girl's father is priest. BLATANTLY involved.

*Oh it'd be kinda fun if that girl is actually dead and it's another urban legend. Perhaps they'll do lots of legends in one episode?

*Oh I was right. But it wasn't all that fun really.

*Get on with it. There's no more legends - boo!

*Girl's father looking way too ominous. He can't be involved.

*Fuck it, clearly the hookman has a thing for the girl.

*Haha - definitely not the father then.

*SHOOT THAT GHOST!

*Incredible Hulk theme tune...

In conclusion: meh.

• 2 months later...

Watched ep 1 tonight on ITV2. Didn't think it was too bad - not particularly scary, but then again, most things aren't. It'll slot nicely into the other morass of new sci-fi / horror series that I've started watching over the past few weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Nah it's alright. Episode 3 with the spooky water that kills was rather pish though.

The airplane episode was much better. They seem to wrap everything up so quickly though in the last 5 minutes.

They didn't, as fas as I could tell, kill the demon though did they? The last I saw of it it disappeared into a ventilation duct on the airplane. The next thing it's happy endings all round.

It's a fun show but puddle deep.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really do love this show it can make me howl with laughter on times, like in last weeks episode Monster movie when Dracula hopped over the fence and got on a moped to escape was pure class. If you didn't see last weeks episode Monster Movie go watch it now it's brilliant.