IGNORED

London Poker Tournament

Poet

I'm definately in for this.

Not that I've bothered to read the pdf, but a trick we use in games I play is that you use both decks. The dealer deals the cards, then, when the hand is over he gathers them up and shuffles them during the next hand, so that the dealer in hand 3 doesn't have to and can deal straight away after the end of hand 2.

It speeds things up no end.

Do you guys do this? Does it even make sense?

Do you guys do this? Does it even make sense?

Yes. It's our magic system. Works like a charm, if a bit tricky to explain at first. There's a player in our system who cuts the pack too. We also have a "cut card" made by taping two jokers together to conceal the bottom card on the deck whilst dealing.

Just had my first real life poker multi table tournament today. 99 people entered, 1500 in chips each, swung from about 2700 chips down to 200 then back up to 17000... made the final table, got my money back and then a little extra in 10th place. And that was against some very reasonable opposition (and some real shit as well).

I'll tell you stories sometime. Vegas is AMAZING. And this entire post isn't really relevant to the thread.

OHMYGOD I LOVE POKER.

Just had my first real life poker multi table tournament today. 99 people entered, 1500 in chips each, swung from about 2700 chips down to 200 then back up to 17000... made the final table, got my money back and then a little extra in 10th place. And that was against some very reasonable opposition (and some real shit as well).

I'll tell you stories sometime. Vegas is AMAZING. And this entire post isn't really relevant to the thread.

OHMYGOD I LOVE POKER.

Sweet.

jealous.jpg

OHMYGOD I LOVE POKER.

AMAZING. Well done, Martin.

OHMYGOD I LOVE POKER.

Right that settles it. Who's up for a Vegas Poker meet? :angry:

Also, the last time we played , horribleman's missus had only played once before (or that's what she said!), and that was when she was drunk so she didn't rememeber any of the rules and didn't know which were the good hands. She took us to the cleaners, winning both games and winning £95 of our money. So clearly there is "no prior experience necessary" to beat us lot.

• 2 weeks later...

I think we should be OK for tables and whatnot now. I figure we can do this:

Table 1

My dining table

My poker table top

My chips

My cards

My 6 dining chairs + 2 others that I have

Table 2

Poet's table

Poet's poker table top

Poet's chips

Poet's cards

Poet's 4 folding chairs + Pootle's 2 folding chairs + 2 others I have

Table 3

My coffee table

Graham's felt top + My felt top if need be

Graham's chips

Graham's cards

My 3-seat sofa + My 2-seat sofa + My other 3 seat sofa + 1 pouffe thing (possibly need 1 chair to replace this if we get 24 players)

My kitchen will be dismantled by then, so we may need some coolboxes/buckets, so we can keep the drinks cold.

CJ

Ah, ignore that last post of mine. In fact I'll delete it. Wrong thread, that was meant for the one about Friday's game at Poet's. Sorry, I'm an idiot. I'm in for this. Wild horses with particularly large jet packs attatched to their backs couldn't keep me away.

Yay!

Woohoo! Does that mean you still have a spare sofa? :ph34r: