We Love Katamari Picked Up By Ea

moosegrinder

I find the between levels music very disturbing and almost puts me off wanting to play the game.

The menu screen is the best ever.

Agreed. That's the only thing I don't like about it so far. Just kinda freaks me out.

Other than that, it's rather wonderful, despite there not being much to it.

Kinda reminds me of BG&E. ;)

I don't get it... I played about 10 levels and now then it was just the same fans asking me to do the same things over and over. Then I rolled up a bunch of world landmarks and godzilla, got batted about a bit by a giant octopus. Then I rolled up the sun and the game ended.

Was fun while it lasted I guess...

That can't be it can it? :unsure:

I don't get it... I played about 10 levels and now then it was just the same fans asking me to do the same things over and over. Then I rolled up a bunch of world landmarks and godzilla, got batted about a bit by a giant octopus. Then I rolled up the sun and the game ended.

Was fun while it lasted I guess...

That can't be it can it?  :unsure:

There's more. You'll also have to find all those cousins.

I really disilike the game. I've forced myself to give it a few chances this week, but its getting traded this weekend. I'm not a fan of the music. I hate the artistic look, and if I have to suffer one more annoying king pratting a lot of pish scene I'll be forced to take a petrol can and box of matches and go to work on my PS2.

Ah, the old you've no soul bollocks for disliking a forum favourite. ;)

Simple fact is in my opinion the music is dire. The graphical look of the game, particularly the section between levels and the character design are equally dire (in my opinion). I can see that everyone else appears to love this game, but I really do find it a total chore to play.

And to be truthfully honest I found that the gameplay (when you actually get to play and not have to read through a complete load of old bollocks) gets dull very quickly.

Dire music?! Even "Everlasting Love"!?

I've kind of lost interest now after playing solidly for the past two weeks. What I found interesting was that I was playing it without any particular goal in mind. I just wanted to play it.

We have a troublemaker. Guards! Seize him! I'm sure he'll have plenty of time to think about what he's said... when he's working himself to death in the uranium mines of Titan!

Vizier, prepare my speaceship. And get someone to correct my spelling of "Sieze" in the first paragraph, people will think I'm a mong.

Only got round to playing this the last few days. It's excellent. The opening video was superb. Anyone else want a film with Wil Ferrell playing the King? I acn actually imagine hime with the beard and stuff.

Ah, the old you've no soul bollocks for disliking a forum favourite.  :ph34r:

Simple fact is in my opinion the music is dire. The graphical look of the game, particularly the section between levels and the character design are equally dire (in my opinion). I can see that everyone else appears to love this game, but I really do find it a total chore to play.

And to be truthfully honest I found that the gameplay (when you actually get to play and not have to read through a complete load of old bollocks) gets dull very quickly.

Now, I do agree with you about the gameplay in a way. I really do. But I do find Katamari to be mad fun. For one playthrough. The music in Katamari is insanely good.

NO SOUL NO SOUL

"Finished" this at the weekend, fantastic stuff. Had all my visitors hooked and my sister couldn't stop playing it (and frankly seemed disappointed that I had brought her Shadow of the Colossus for her birthday rather than this - ungrateful cow ;) ).

Luckily they were all rubbish so I got to complete the 500m-17min level, how large can you get it?!?. I managed just over 1000m and the King was still disappointed.

I can see myself going back to this again and again, if only to get a fix of the soundtrack...""nanananana...katamari on the swing"

"Finished" this at the weekend, fantastic stuff. Had all my visitors hooked and my sister couldn't stop playing it (and frankly seemed disappointed that I had brought her Shadow of the Colossus for her birthday rather than this - ungrateful cow ;) ).

Luckily they were all rubbish so I got to complete the 500m-17min level, how large can you get it?!?. I managed just over 1000m and the King was still disappointed.

I can see myself going back to this again and again, if only to get a fix of the soundtrack...""nanananana...katamari on the swing"

http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/241

Also, I just did the 12m stage. Starting off on frogs on a little farm and ending on ships in the harbour is fantastic. ;)

This level is driving me nuts. I've attempted it abought eight times now, and the closest I've got is ten metres odd. Does anyone have any tips? Plus whoever said this game isn't frustrating is clearly not playing it round my house.

In other news, it's probably the best game I've played on the PS2.