IGNORED

Arrested Development Topic In Cold Brown Taste!

McNeillR

this is so densely packed, it actually feels like the first program of any kind that has been specifically made to be binge watched.

can see myself watching straight thru again once I've knocked off the final 4 eps in next day or 2.

I worried about it coming back but think its superb

Got to George Snr's 2nd episode last night, but fell asleep part way through it (knackered, not bored) so we'll pick up tonight by re-watching that one.

I have to say, people have said it takes a while to get going but I entirely disagree, I thought Michael's opening episode was extremely good. In fact, the worst episode so far was Lindsay's, and even that was good - it's just a 7/10 compared to everyone else's 9 or 10/10.

Firstly: That was amazing. I was concerned the fourth season would be a retread of old ideas, rely too much on old jokes, but it didn't. That was fresh, clever, densly plotted and cleverly layered. It felt like an 8-hour long movie. It totally worked. Jokes and plot points get turned upside-down, shown in new light as the story backtracks and reveals itself from new positions, and it makes it better and better as it goes. It reminded me of Lost, only funny, and not written by hacks. Condidering the constraints they had making this work, they really pulled it off.

Secondly: Chocolate-covered frozen bananas are AMAZING! Nom.

:)

Think the George Michael episode is the next one i have to watch.

The Maeby episode is the best for working out the time frame of this (having been confused about it previousl) and it's a very good episode. I'm not finding myself laughing as much as I recall when watching the previous seasons, but I'm still loving this. Definitely will be re-watching it once I finally finish it.

It definitely had a shaky start but after a few episodes it really starts to gel. I've got two episodes left and I can safely say I'll watch it through again soon. The first Gob episode had me in stitches and my god,

anustart

Yeas, interesting. I only caught up with this when Netflix started to advertise the new series, and I would say it took 6-8 episodes to really click.with me. Fortunately the episodes are so short that I got thought this period fairly quickly. I think it was the storyline around Michael and the "blind" lawyer which sucked me in for good, but regardless of the exact timing, when it happens for you it really happens, all the various gags and plot lies just build and build into an incredibly intense comical experience.

I'm taking this new series slowly now.

only 1 ep to go for me and its done something I never thought it would, I think its my favourite series of this of the 4.

I love how it puts stuff right under your nose and you totally miss it, or they turn it on its head at a later point - its so clever

I've also taken to pausing the bits where they put up papers or screen grabs as there is a lot of detail on them, the one from 'Poof' magazine for failed magic tricks is brilliant if you read it all