Game Boy Micro

Jack

Spotted a Super F version on sell in X-Electrical in Croydon. They were asking for £120! *&%! that etc

That shop is a joke , they were trying to sell Halo series 1 figures for £25 pounds not too long ago, and they had(probaly still have) a 2nd hand Samba Di Amigo set for £130 that I was interested in until someone on this forum told me it should only be around the £70 range.

The young guy in there is cool though and knows his stuff, doesnt seem responisble for any of the prices either because he always has to ask.

Can anyone help me pls.... I need to buy a step down from somewhere to be able to charge my Jap GBA Micro, but am unsure what I need to get.

Can someone link me to something from a UK website or something that would do please?

Thanks!!  :D

Try http://www.maplin.co.uk/

Here's one. Although I've seen cheaper ones in the shop

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=13358&doy=28m9D

Here you go:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=19413&doy=28m9

These guys offer free delivery. Decent price too. Heartily recommended.

Probably best to get the 45W adapter. Leaves you flexible to importing future consoles then as well.

Excellent - that'll do nicely! Ordered <_<

Now I just need my GBA Micro to arrive!

Incidentally, anyone know if the UK GBA Micro power supply will work on a Jap GBA Micro?

So i have a DS and Play-yan, but i'm seriously thinking of getting a Micro and Play-yan micro now, because...

...the famicom Micro would go beautifully with the (official) modded mario Play-yan!

b_ss.jpg

:)

P.S. Link, just drop the file onto the SD card and it's now a mario micro play-yan :)

How much do you think I could get for my boxless GBA SP as a trade-in against a backlit GBA SP? I'm mainly planning to do this to see the expression on the member of staff's face.

You may very well be slapped with a single white glove.

spent the morning playing with a micro - that zooo puzzle game and some mario kart? all you need.

you might need this too though! it's the new hitofude for GBA :)

i'm looking at getting a Micro, Play-yan micro and hitofude now. that'd make a loverly b-day present if the gf is listening :(

The micro has really changed how I use handhelds. My DS stays home now, for evening gaming (having replaced the PS2 and Gamecube, instead of the gameboy, in my playing habits), whereas Micro slips in and out of my pocket all day long.

Perhaps weirdly, even my 20g iPod has been forsaken in favour of a 0.5g sd card in play-yan. iPod now sits on my desk at work, entertaining me through the work day, whereas play-yan goes travelling with me, because it's tinytiny, lasts for hours (my iPod is 3rd gen, thus pretty shortlived when away from a plug), and lets me watch downloaded tv shows at just 60mb each when compressed to its format.

This tiny, tiny, beautiful thing can do so so much. If only the DS hadn't got me hooked on touch-screen gaming, the micro would have no competition to be my favourite portable device ever. The durability and size and clarity and size and library and size and battery life are perfect for me. And the size.

*Despite the beauty, I sold my PSP in February after 2 months of minimal use and concern over games library/scratching/breaking/battery life. I might re-buy one when Talkman comes out.

Here ends my Nintendo financed GameBoy Micro commercial.

For anyone interested you can preorder a pink GBA Micro from Asda's website and using the promotional discount code(which runs out on monday I think) it comes to a total of something like £60 delivered(delivery is free I think).

I wasn't going to bother with a Micro at all but I'm considering one now. I might just try and hold out for a few months in the hope of a price drop. If I can pick one up for £40-50 then I'll be tempted. I didn't realise how many GBA games there were still left for me to get. I've got rebelstar on the way, then there's Polarium2, Gunstar Super Heroes, Wario Ware Twisted and Aria of Sorrow(if I can find it). That digitylish game looks alright as well.

The problem is that you still have to carry carts around with you if you want to have a choice of games to play on the move. Until a company comes up with an handheld that stores games on one card or internal memory that is always going to be a problem. I have a few Gameloft games on my mobile (Splinter Cell, Rayman Bowling, Prince of Persia etc...). Obviously they are not as good as GBA games but they do the job if I'm bored for a few minutes and they are all stored on my mobiles memory (plus they only cost £2 a game).

people said it would never happen.

they said they'd never buy another GBA.

but Nintendo has broken us already.

:D

I stated in this very thread I wouldn't buy one.

I have been playing Zelda no Densetsu and Pokeymang Sapphire since Friday on this:

gbm.jpg

The problem is that you still have to carry carts around with you if you want to have a choice of games to play on the move. Until a company comes up with an handheld that stores games on one card or internal memory that is always going to be a problem. I have a few Gameloft games on my mobile (Splinter Cell, Rayman Bowling, Prince of Persia etc...). Obviously they are not as good as GBA games but they do the job if I'm bored for a few minutes and they are all stored on my mobiles memory (plus they only cost £2 a game).

Flashcard

I was pretty surprised when he powered up I must say - luckily it was a fairly short 40deg wash cycle, and it was wrapped up in my trouser pocket so there was no obvious external damage either.

There's still a little moisture behind the screen but I'm hoping that will vanish in time - the only other evidence of it's little escapade is a bit of trouser fluff in the various nooks and crannies.... :)

Now - who's gonna try the same with a PSP??