IGNORED

Finish Those Games (ii)

Swaain

I'm so bad at this. Since my last post I haven't played RoR, traded Castlevania (it was very dull) and not even installed Neuro Hunter yet. Still, it's not all bad; I have actually played and completed something. Got Ninja Gaiden Black, purely for the Ninja Dog mode (because the original frustrated me too much). Pretty perfectly pitched (ignoring those damn ghost fish), lovely game and fantastic to look at.

Still thinking about what else to play though...

Vigoorian Flail > Ghost Fish

over the last few weeks or so ive narrowed down my collection from 60ish to just 12, so im gonna start again trying to complete every game i own

Unreal Championship (Xbox) - completed allready. didnt like the ending though :)

House of the Dead III (Xbox) - completed

Tony Hawks Skateboarding 3 (Gamecube) - - completed, bar the decks/statpoints/missions

Metal Slug 3 (Xbox) - Mission 6/6, got right up to the last boss but hes too damn hard ;)

Ninja Gaiden - Level 5/16

Dead or Alive 3 (Xbox) - 5/16 charcters

Super Smash Bros Melee (Gamecube) - 120/290 trophies

Unreal Championship 2 (Xbox) - SOLD, boring and too overcompletcated for its own good

Medal of Honour Frontline (Xbox) - Level 3/6 - SOLD, was fun to begin with but the stupid AI and terrible grahics just got on my nerves to much

Call of Duty: Finist Hour (Xbox) - level 6/19 - SOLD, after a good begining it just gets horribly repatitve; shot 10 machine gunners, shot 10 sniper, shot 10 this, shot 10 that etc etc

Viewtiful Joe (Gamecube) - Level 5/8 - SOLD, after not playing it for a while Ive found I cant really go back, its just way to repetative

XIII (Xbox) - completed

A productive week for me, as I bought and played to death We Love Katamari, which was fantastic, and then finally finished Killer 7. Great storyline going on there, although I'll be scratching my head trying to suss it all out for a while yet!

Viewtiful Joe 2 (GC): Reached the boss run. Annoyed the hell out of me.

Gradius V (PS2): Fantastic schmup! Progressing pretty well... (on easy mode, *ahem*)

Trauma Centre (DS): On the final operation! (Really this time!)

Prince of Persia: The Two Thones (PS2): Newly purchased. Can it live up to the first?

Games completed in 2006:

Fahrenheit (PC)

God of War (PS2)

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! (DS) (Normal mode)

Amplitude (PS2) (Normal mode)

Halo (PC)

Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS2)

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (PC)

Shadow of the Colossus (PS2)

Ico (PS2)

Mario Kart DS (DS)

SWAT 4 (PC)

Timesplitters: Future Perfect (PS2)

Metroid Prime: Hunters (DS)

Half-Life 2: Episode 1 (PC)

Burnout Revenge (PS2) (All events finished, 95% completion rate.)

New Super Mario Bros (DS)

We Love Katamari (PS2)

Killer 7 (GC)

Got bored with both Tomb Raider and Hitman so they have gone. I have completed PGR3 on Silver which will do for now although I'll definitely do Gold at some point. New List:

1. Prey (X360)

2. Oblivion (X360)

3. Prince of Persia: Sand of Time again (XBOX)

4. Chrome Hounds (X360)

5. The Outfit (X360)

Hmmm - sold Prey and The Outfit and gave Chrome Hounds to a mate - I clearly don't persevere with games like I used to. I have completed the main quest in Oblivion though. New list:

1) Saints Row (X360)

2) Sands of Time (XBOX)

3) Oblivion - all Achievements (X360)

4) Ridge Racer 6 (X360)

*Snes*

Super mario

Chrono Trigger

Final Fantasy 3

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest

Paper Mario

Mario Kart

Starfox

*N64*

Starfox 64

Stunt FX (lol)

Mario Kart 64

Shite starwars game

Supermario 64

Goldeneye

*PS1*

FF7

MGS1

Legend of dragoon

Legend of legaia

Shit load of others,can't think of em all

*PS2*

MGS2

FF-X

Gran Turismo Aspec

*PC*

Half Life

Half Life Opposing Force

Half Life Blueshift

FF7

Megaman X7 (I think)

Rogue Trooper

CoD

CoD2

shitload of others I can't remember.

I used to have a list going, but since lost it.

Currently Working on

We Love Katamari

Resident Evil 4

Shadow of the Colussus

Vandal hearts

• 2 weeks later...

Trauma Center falls at last! A brilliant game with some punishingly hard operations, so I'm rather chuffed I managed to complete it. :)

Gradius V (PS2): Fantastic schmup! Progressing pretty well... (on easy mode, *ahem*)

Prince of Persia: The Two Thones (PS2): Newly purchased. Can it live up to the first?

Games completed in 2006:

Fahrenheit (PC)

God of War (PS2)

Halo (PC)

Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS2)

Ico (PS2)

Mario Kart DS (DS)

SWAT 4 (PC)

We Love Katamari (PS2)

Killer 7 (GC)

Trauma Centre (DS)

I'm so bad at this. Since my last post I haven't played RoR, traded Castlevania (it was very dull) and not even installed Neuro Hunter yet. Still, it's not all bad; I have actually played and completed something. Got Ninja Gaiden Black, purely for the Ninja Dog mode (because the original frustrated me too much). Pretty perfectly pitched (ignoring those damn ghost fish), lovely game and fantastic to look at.

Still thinking about what else to play though...

Still just picking at games at the minute, discarding those that are obviously crap, and concentrating on finishing some stuff. Completed The Punisher (Xbox), and it was pretty mindless. Whilst there was nothing in the way of variety, the chaining kills without getting hit to get a higher multiplier (and thus more upgrade points) was nice enough to add some tactical play to procedings. I think I've now completed more games this year than in the previous couple of years put together - and I've only finished 3 or 4! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've finished with both Resident Evil 4 on the PS2 and Kingdom Hearts 2. RE4 (and Seperate Ways) was brilliant of course, the new areas in SW were really really good, though I thought the whole thing was a little shorter than I had expected (took about 6 hrs total), but that may have been down to my unreasonable expectations. I loved the new weapons Ada had too, really fun to use. It's made me decide to play through the Cube version again too, gonna use the Mine Thrower, which I'd never tried before.

Kingdom Hearts 2 was great too, the more I played it the more I started to understand how good the battle system was, a massive improvement over the first game - I still played through about half the game flailing about not really getting it though, but when I started looking at what the different attack and combo abilities did, I understood how you can fight in a much cleaner manner, kinda like Super Smash Bros in a way. Bit disappointed that I couldn't finish the last tournament, but it's just beyond the limits of my patience and endurance. Really looking forward to the next KH game though, if they can keep up the charm of the Disney / FF collective (Pride Lands ftw) then I'll be all over it. I hope they get some old-school FF characters in the next one though - I'm a bit bored of Cloud / Leon / Sephiroth etc.

Gonna start on Okami next (drool), and maybe KotOR, if I feel like it. Still semi-stalled on Project Zero 3 and Outrun 2006 too - as Disgaea has been chewing up my free time and spitting out barely enough to sleep on.

Now with Dead Rising properly finished (unless there is anthing worth in Infinity Mode, I won't be arsed), it's time to go back and finish Resident Evil 4, that I stopped on the castle with the monk dudes.

Meanwhile Ouendan is becoming increasingly hard, and so is Guitar Hero on Hard Mode...

Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones is done! Happily, after the pretty crappy second game, I found this sequel did a far better job of living up to the first game. My list is looking a bit paltry now, although I do have Devil May Cry 3:SE on the way.

Games completed in 2006:

Fahrenheit (PC)

God of War (PS2)

Halo (PC)

Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS2)

Ico (PS2)

Mario Kart DS (DS)

SWAT 4 (PC)

We Love Katamari (PS2)

Killer 7 (GC)

Trauma Centre (DS)

Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones (PS2)

I wondered where this thread had gone. I finished Indy Jones and the Emperors Tomb the other day. It wasn't worth it.

How does it compare to the first Buffy game (if you've played it), as I have this and may give it a spin?

As for my progress, just finished X-Men Legends. Became a bit of a slog in the end, some levels dragging on (damn factory!), but was entertaining enough. I do have the sequel around somewhere, but it is too soon to start on that, so I may give Devil May Cry 2 a go (so I can then move on to DMC3).

For the love of god, skip DMC2, and go straight to DMC3. 2 offers nothing worthwhile, and is generally a load of old tosh, while 3 is spectacular. Note that the story for DMC2 is inconsequential too (DMC3 is a prequel to the first game, while 2 is set after both, but has no real bearing on either).

For the love of god, skip DMC2, and go straight to DMC3. 2 offers nothing worthwhile, and is generally a load of old tosh, while 3 is spectacular. Note that the story for DMC2 is inconsequential too (DMC3 is a prequel to the first game, while 2 is set after both, but has no real bearing on either).

Obviously I've heard nothing but bile regarding DMC2, but is it really that bad? Is it as short as the first game, if it is then I can probably spare the time on it...

Obviously I've heard nothing but bile regarding DMC2, but is it really that bad? Is it as short as the first game, if it is then I can probably spare the time on it...

It is fairly short, but you can play through the game with two different characters (the girl however is no fun to play as whatsoever), but to be honest,. the game has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

I never did finish Resi Remake on the Cube.

Should I finish that before my copy of Resi Evil 4 arrives?

Should I complete it with both characters?

I am up to the Serpent/Snake on the outside Balcony with the bloke - Is it worth restarting/how far am I? Will I get confused going back after 2/3 years out?

It is fairly short, but you can play through the game with two different characters (the girl however is no fun to play as whatsoever), but to be honest,. the game has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Finished Dante's disc in DMC2 this morning, and oh yes, what a turgid pile of shit it was. No story, no variety in moves, awful camera angles (the second time you fight the big skeleton and the spinning ball are particulalry shit), no moves to buy...terrible game. I won't be playing as the girl, that's for sure.

So, current completed list this year looks like this:

Onimusha 3

Devil May Cry 2

Ninja Gaiden

The Punisher

X-Men Legends

I am back to having a few titles on the go again, to give me some variety, and so my current games to tackle are:

Fable - Currently about 3/5ths of the way through it, and finding it quite enjoyable. Doing some levelling at the moment before I carry on as a good-guy.

Painkiller - Got the expansion pack for £2.98 yesterday, so figured I will plough through this. Not started yet.

Psi-Ops - Only on the third level, but already it feels a bit contrived. The gunplay isn't very satisfying, and the psi-powers aren't exciting me. Prefer Second Sight, based on what I've played so far, but will attempt to progress.

Demon Stone - Started this a long time ago, but stopped for no good reason. If I still have my old save I'll carry on with it - over half-way through, IIRC.

Freedom Force - Never played more than the first level of this, despite liking it. Time it give it a go.

My list of unfinished games is absolutely ridiculous:

My main ones:

RE4: Had it since launch and still haven't finished it. Although I did put in about 6 hours this week and am on chapter 5-2.... not long to go now!

Shadow of the Colossus: Got annoyed at the giant bug in the hole and haven't played it since. Although I will get back to it asap.

Oeundan: RSG is such a pain in the wrist. The bit when you have 2/3 spinny things in a row is killing me. The stupid un-skippable intro is really annoying as well.

Also:

Ninja Gaiden Black

Half-Life 2 (Haven't even got the gravity gun yet!)

God of War

Castlevania: DOS

These are just the games I want to finish... I have loads that I just stopped playing cus they bored me such as Animal Crossing and Tomb Raider Legend.

gamings gone abit of track with starting again college and shit, but anyway:

Games to complete list (Mark 2 billion :( )

Tony Hawks Skateboarding 3 - Level 5/7

Tony Hawks Skateboarding 4 - not started

Tony Hawks American Wasteland - Level 1/? Its so fucking hard

Metal Slug 3 (Xbox) - Mission 6/6, got right up to the last boss but hes too damn hard :(

Ninja Gaiden - Level 5/16 - got to the end boss of the said level, but still havemt beaten him :wub:

Dead or Alive 3 - 5/16 charcters

Burnout 3: Takedown - not started

Timespliters: Future Perfect - not started

Crazy Taxi 3 - Grade C Licence, want to get that up to a grade A licence

House of the Dead III - completed

To Complete

Way to many...

Dead Rising - Xbox 360

Okami - PS2

Valkyrie Profile : Silmeria - PS2

Dragon Quest Heroes : Rocket Slime - DS

Megaman ZX - DS

Finished

Shadow of the Colossus (Hard Mode) - PS2

Devil May Cry 3 : Special Edition (Dante: Normal) - PS2

Megaman X Collection (MMX, MMX2) - PS2

Xenosaga Episode III - PS2

Megaman Maverick Hunter X - PSP

Megaman Powered Up - PSP

Valkyrie Profile : Lenneth - PSP

Tomb Raider : Legend - Xbox 360

Oblivion - Xbox 360

Panzer Dragoon Orta - Xbox

Gunstar Future Heroes - GBA

Metroid : Fusion - GBA

Metroid : Zero Mission - GBA

Castlevania : Aria of Sorrow - GBA

Castlevania : Dawn of Sorrow - DS

New Super Mario Bros - DS

I am back to having a few titles on the go again, to give me some variety, and so my current games to tackle are:

Fable - Currently about 3/5ths of the way through it, and finding it quite enjoyable. Doing some levelling at the moment before I carry on as a good-guy.

Painkiller - Got the expansion pack for £2.98 yesterday, so figured I will plough through this. Not started yet.

Psi-Ops - Only on the third level, but already it feels a bit contrived. The gunplay isn't very satisfying, and the psi-powers aren't exciting me. Prefer Second Sight, based on what I've played so far, but will attempt to progress.

Demon Stone - Started this a long time ago, but stopped for no good reason. If I still have my old save I'll carry on with it - over half-way through, IIRC.

Freedom Force - Never played more than the first level of this, despite liking it. Time it give it a go.

Finished Demon Stone. Not bad, but suffered from some nasty levels and lacked any real depth in the combat system.

Not sure how long I'll last with Painkiller, either, unless it picks up after the first few levels.

still to finish Xbox Doom3 - i'm honestly getting sick of yet more bloody corridors and plasticine faced ghouls. but i'll complete it, just because i'm about 3/4 of the way through it and not through any compulsion to see the ending.

also Xbox Aeon Flux, despite having a camera more out of control than a thing that's out of control i'm enjoying the leaping about and kicking the fuck out of anyone and anything. so i'm actually wanting to finish it.

finished PS2 Rogue Trooper, Xbox HL2, Xbox Tomb Raider: Legend

Hmmm...finishing games eh? What an intersting idea.

Dragon Quest 8: Probably not even close to completing this but it comes out every couple of days for boomerang practice

Ring of Red: Had this for three years and have only recently given it any significant playing time, I can see it's simplistic structure boring me in a while

FFX: Well I've had it since I bought my PS2 in 2001...and I've either lost the memory card / accidently deleted my saves on two separate occasions which means I'm currently just on the first real boss fight...hopefully I'll finish it before it's 10th anniversary.

Shadow of The Collosus: I get too easily distracted and start just wandering about on my horse...must persevere.

XCOM Apocalypse: I've finished this a number of times but I've just got it to work on my laptop and I shall complete it...becasue once you pop you can't stop

Gods - SNES

Amplitude - PS2

Fantavision - PS2

Gran Turismo 4 - PS2

We Love Katamari - PS2

Mario Kart DS - NDS

Super Mario 64 - NDS

Brain Age - Training - NDS

Resident Evil 4 - Gamecube

New Super Mario Bros. - NDS

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - PS2

• 2 weeks later...

Finished Fable a week or so ago, and a little bit surprised how easy it was, and how much things really didn't seem to matter - hope they fix that for the sequel. Also dumped Painkiller, as it was mind-numbingly dull.

Current list looks like this then:

Psi-Ops (Xbox): Still not gone back to, on level 3 I think.

Mage Knight Apocolypse (PC): About half-way through, and it isn't great, but there is something keeping me playing and willing me to finish it.

Freedom Force (PC): Still not touched.

Ninety Nine Nights (X360): 3rd level I think, haven't played since I bought it, but I fancy getting into it.

Hmmm - sold Prey and The Outfit and gave Chrome Hounds to a mate - I clearly don't persevere with games like I used to. I have completed the main quest in Oblivion though. New list:

1) Saints Row (X360)

2) Sands of Time (XBOX)

3) Oblivion - all Achievements (X360)

4) Ridge Racer 6 (X360)

Completed Saints Row and sold Ridge Racer having reached the limit of my skill. New list:

1) Tomb Raider Legend

2) Spinter Cell Double Agent

3) Oblivion - all achievements

4) Far Cry Instincts

5) Sands of Time

GC: Luigi's Mansion - Done first boss, onto 2nd floor

Mario Sunshine - 30 Shines

Paper Mario: TTD - 5/8 crystals I think

Resident Evil 4

Metroid Prime 1 & 2 - 30% roughly on MP1

Zelda: Wind Waker - Done 1 dungeon (Think I may skip this in favour of Twilight Princess)

DS: New Super Mario Bros - Completed game, still to unlock levels and get coins though

Phoenix Wright 1 - 4/5 cases complete

Advance Wars - Mission 16 roughly

Kuru Kuru Kururin - 2nd from last level

Hehehe, no wonder I'm trading my 360 in....