Weeds

azurebumble

Just watched the first couple of episodes of this, the father dies from a heart attack, consequently the mother (Mary-Louise Parker) has to resort to dealing in 'Pot' to keep the family afloat. This is a refreshingly quirky and satirical look at American suburban angst, with some really funny characters that actually made me laugh out loud, highly recommended.

what is it exactly about?

Just watched the first couple of episodes of this, the father dies from a heart attack, consequently the mother (Mary-Louise Parker) has to resort to dealing in 'Pot' to keep the family afloat. This is a refreshingly quirky and satirical look at American suburban angst, with some really funny characters that actually made me laugh out loud, highly recommended.

Just watched the pilot, nice little satire of American life, definately has tinges of DHW about it too.

Not sure what the end cinematography was about (with the shudder) thou . I'll be getting the other episodes thou

I didn't read the first post properly and didn't see that it was MARY LOUSIE PARKER in it, would have put it on high priority if i'd seen that.

I totally :( MLP, and she is like 40 as well.

Having watched all 6 now, I thought the other 4 were interesting, if not the massively orginal satire they hinted at being.

The 6th episode (this weeks) was pretty emotional, first time they've really explored Juda dying. I liked the first scene as well, made me smile.

Does anyone know if it's being extended past the 6 episode run first commissioned?

Having watched all 6 now, I thought the other 4 were interesting, if not the massively orginal satire they hinted at being.

The 6th episode (this weeks) was pretty emotional, first time they've really explored Juda dying.  I liked the first scene as well, made me smile.

Does anyone know if it's being extended past the 6 episode run first commissioned?

http://epguides.com/Weeds/

10 it seems.

"What's the area between the penis and asshole called?" "The coffee table". BUURRRN.

The dick and the asshole, actually. But fuck yeah, I was in stitches. :lol:

Great show. Only seen 1 to 5 so far but it's just fantastic.

And I second the honourable gentleman's motion that Mary Louise Parker is lovely to the max. Both pipes.

This got reviewed on Newsnight last night. Said it was like Desperate Housewives and Six Feet Under without the intelligence, less heart and more obscenities.

Stuck up twats.

Less heart. They must have been smoking shit as well as talking it on Newsnight last night.

:rolleyes: I'm here till Tuesday THanks :wacko:

This got reviewed on Newsnight last night. Said it was like Desperate Housewives...without the intelligence, less heart

Ah yes, because Desperate Housewives is a very intelligent show, totally mindblowing, right? And it doesn't have much soul either.

I stopped watching Newsnight Review long ago but I remember seeing it recently when they gave Extras some very bad reviews - and ended each review saying 'oh yeah, it's really funny though, one of the funniest things I've seen'. WTF, guys?

Mark Kermode's movie reviews on the Five Live website are good, though.

• 1 month later...

I have been watching this on Sky One and after a slow but watchable first two episodes, this show really came alive tonight. I laughed more in tonights episode than I did in the whole of the first series of Desperate Housewives.

Just started watching this last night.

Was anyone else disapointed that Quinn from the pilot wasn't (or at least doesn't seem to be) a regular character?

Yeah. I wanted to see more of her.

Also, Chelsea from ep105, wasn't actually casted, but some googling revealed that she is in fact Ayla Kell.

Wonder how old she is? Hot stuff.

• 1 month later...