rllmuk
Hubertus Bigend

Curb Your Enthusiasm

17 hours ago, Stevie said:

The Weinstein thing in ep.1 was hilarious. 

I was watching it and thought “Damn, Jeff looks unfortunately like Harvey Weinstein”. 

Then they did a joke about it. :lol:

• Upvote 1

Spoiler

The ending was especially funny given how popular the CYE end credits meme has become.

I have to watch this alone. Wife actually had to leave the room last night:

’I can’t watch this horrible neurotic man any more’...

My wife is pretty much the same after the last season so I have to watch it in my own time. Also another great bit from episode 3:

Spoiler

spacer.png

20 hours ago, Dr Nookie said:

I have to watch this alone. Wife actually had to leave the room last night:

’I can’t watch this horrible neurotic man any more’...

I wish Larry David could question your wife about her opinion. It would make a great episode. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Stevie said:

I wish Larry David could question your wife about her opinion. It would make a great episode. 

Ha you’re probably right. 

• Upvote 1

Spoiler

<susie> I’d rather be dead, in the Sea of Cortez, than have you know what I weigh. </susie>

:lol:

“You want to impress people with lies?”

“How else do you impress them?”

I just realised this show has now run for longer than Seinfeld, crazy. 

By what measure? It has more seasons, but much fewer episodes. It had already been "on the air" for almost double the amount of years before this season started.

Time-wise certainly but I was mainly referring to the fact that it’s now on its tenth season. 

His invention was

Spoiler

An Ember mug. Was expecting some kind of revelation that it already existed.

Found a YouTube channel that has all the season 10 episodes (to date), albeit in 3 minute or under chunks... I haven't watched this in a while, but it's been really enjoyable, I think I'll get a Now TV pass and catch up on the episodes I've missed. The wedding episode was a real highlight, but so was the episode with Clive Owen.

Anyway, I think the big twist to this season is going to be 

Spoiler

the toilets in Latte Larry's. Maybe something to do with his new "handicapped friend" inviting other handicapped people to the opening (because Larry is determined to have "handicapped friends") and something is going to go seriously wrong with the Pee Cube and the bizarre ladies squatting toilet.

Spoiler

‘You look like Einstein’s gardener’

:lol:

I thought this week’s episode was great, with plenty of zingers. Though again, the ending didn’t tie up that well.

I'm starting to think that all dogs in Los Angeles are racist.

• Upvote 1

With the current situation being a shit show, I've been hunting around for a good laugh and was recommended this by a work colleague. I watched the first episode of the series 10 (Happy New Year) last night and I was hooked straight away. I'm sure it's been said before, but this is like the Office/Extra's on steroids. Larry David is brilliant in this, playing a Victor Meldrew like performance with his sidekick JB Smoove making an unlikely pairing. Going to start from season 1. Is it worth starting from the beginning?

2 hours ago, nightwaxon said:

With the current situation being a shit show, I've been hunting around for a good laugh and was recommended this by a work colleague. I watched the first episode of the series 10 (Happy New Year) last night and I was hooked straight away. I'm sure it's been said before, but this is like the Office/Extra's on steroids. Larry David is brilliant in this, playing a Victor Meldrew like performance with his sidekick JB Smoove making an unlikely pairing. Going to start from season 1. Is it worth starting from the beginning?

Holy shit, you’ve never seen this before? You’re in for a treat.

Absolutely start with season 1. They haven’t really aged at all, and the earlier episodes all tend to build towards the ending better: with multiple story strands all crossing in a clever way.

But the quality has stayed high throughout. You have Leon to look forward to in season 6, and the Seinfeld-reunion in season 7.

Make sure you watch the pilot. Someone can correct me but I'm not sure if that was counted as episode 1 or not. It's fantastic. 

I felt a massive dip around the season which ended with Michael J Fox but I'm unsure if it was because I'd been watching them back to back. 

Leon is a great character.

I love how it doesn't really make any sense why his character still exists in Larry's world. 

Season 10 is great. 

11 minutes ago, three1ne said:

I felt a massive dip around the season which ended with Michael J Fox but I'm unsure if it was because I'd been watching them back to back. 

Curb has had peaks and troughs, but it’s more episode to episode than across seasons. None of them are bad, but some are much better than others.

The first episode of season 7 wasn’t good, but overall it was a fantastic season: the ‘Denise Handicapped’ episode in particular, Danny Duberstein was incredible, and the Michael J Fox episode has one of the greatest Curb endings of all time.

EDIT: I’m merging season 7 and 8 into one :facepalm:

I’m rewatching from Series 6 and it’s a great tonic especially as it’s the introduction of Leon.

• Upvote 1