Psp Woe's

sweet_angel

Interesting story over at the inquirer.net

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=25920

Recommends not to return it until Monday!

Has anyone had any problems with their UK/European PSP?

If so any problems in returning it?

EDIT: not sure if they mean't today or next Monday!

The article was published on 4th September, so they are probably referring to next Monday.

"Doing some on-the-ground research," probably means, "we got drunk and couldn't get up off the floor, while we were down there we typed this."

Can we just stop linking to The Inquirer? Half their articles seem to be wild speculation, and most of the rest turn out to be entirely caused by their inability to read to the end of a sentence. They're like Spong, but not as funny.

Right - having just done it, this is what you need if you have a faulty PSP...

1. Find out the PSP Customer Service number - it's 08705 998877.

2. Give said number a call.

3. Stay on hold for a bit - they're quite busy, obviously...

4. Give them your details, Model and Serial number.

4a. Don't shout down the phone - be nice and polite, and possibly engage in a bit of friendly banter with the poor bastard in the call centre who has been shouted at all day, seemingly...

5. Smile broadly when they say they'll have a courier with you in the morning with your brand new, non-faulty (hopefully) PSP.

Sweet as, and no fuss. Aces.

3. Stay on hold for a bit - they're quite busy, obviously...

4a. Don't shout down the phone - be nice and polite, and possibly engage in a bit of friendly banter with the poor bastard in the call centre who has been shouted at all day, seemingly...

5. Smile broadly when they say they'll have a courier with you in the morning with your brand new, non-faulty (hopefully) PSP.

Was that just for dead pixels or something more serious?

Oh, and no retailers seem to be offering returns, simply because stock is verrrry low on the ground. They'll just give you the number. Ta!

Yep, that does seem to be the case.

Wandered into Game this lunchtime and there was some chap in there trying to get a replacement PSP as his had 6 dead pixels.

The staff kindly gave him the details of how to get a replacement, and I think they even gave him a bag of freebies (promo bits and bobs) to keep him sweet. I was quite impressed.

(This was the Broadmead, Bristol branch)

Rob

I have had 3 PSPs.

The first one had 3 stuck pixels that weren't really that noticeable, but hey, I bought UK because I wanted a perfect LCD screen. I returned it the day after I bought it and the indie shop replaced it no problem (they had over 20 PSPs in stock).

The second one had around 10 stuck pixels all clustered directly around the centre of the screen which made it pretty unplayable. I returned it aound 30 minutes after I picked it up. This time the shop were a bit less friendly but they did change it but said that this would have to be the last one. If the next box they opened still had stuck/dead pixels it would have to be replaced by Sony. They also wouldn't be allowed to swap the PSP with the first one I returned even though it was sitting there behind the counter. Something to do with the barcode had already been scanned as a return and that matched the PSP serial number.

Luckily the third one had no bad pixels and only a bit of dust under the screen (only visible in direct sunlight in which the only good use for the PSP is to comb your hair/admire your beautiful face). However, the cable on the left ear-phones is about 3cm long (extremely annoying) but I'll just get them replaced when I buy my next PSP.

EDIT: The guys in the office have just informed me that, apparently it's meant to be like that and you're meant to put the cable round the back of your head.

However, the cable on the left ear-phones is about 3cm long (extremely annoying) but I'll just get them replaced when I buy my next PSP.

I take it you've never owned Sony in-ear headphones before; you're meant to put the left one in your ear, then run the right one round the back of your neck into your right ear.

I take it you've never owned Sony in-ear headphones before; you're meant to put the left one in your ear, then run the right one round the back of your neck into your right ear.

Ha, I've always worn them like normal earphones and never been annoyed. I thought it was so you could tell the left from the right!

3. Stay on hold for a bit - they're quite busy, obviously... :)

Okie Dokie, my new one has been delivered... and there's not one dead pixel to be seen. Maybe they're screening them before delivery? Who knows? It's here and I'm a happy bunny :)

btw - the European demo disc, anybody care to tell me what's on it? Same as American one, I take it? And was there a Japanese one?

Okie Dokie, my new one has been delivered... and there's not one dead pixel to be seen. Maybe they're screening them before delivery? Who knows? It's here and I'm a happy bunny :(

btw - the European demo disc, anybody care to tell me what's on it? Same as American one, I take it? And was there a Japanese one?

Be cool if they were screening them but just spoken with my mate who just returned his. His screen didn't have a dead pixel in sight but his d pad wouldnt work. Got the replacement from Sony this morn... charged it up... d pad works fine but has 5-6 dead pixels! :(

Piss poor in my opinion to have this amount. But what can you do? You send back a psp with one fault... only to get one in return with another... :)

I'm thankfull mine only has a few!

To make matters worse... he left his wipeout disc in the psp he returned :) Sony have informed him it'll be 3 weeks before they can return it to him....

PSP woes indeed!

To make matters worse... he left his wipeout disc in the psp he returned  :) Sony have informed him it'll be 3 weeks before they can return it to him....

The guy I spoke with on the helpline yesterday made a MASSIVE point of telling me to make sure that I didn't leave any memory sticks or games in the system when it was being swapped over - apparently a lot of people are forgetting stuff, then ringing up to complain that their items are currently in transit.

Muppetry indeed!