Winning Eleven 9 (psp) Famitsu Score

stellar12

Yes.

It plays pretty much exactly like Winning Eleven 9. You can't say fairer than that.

It feels a bit tougher to control thanks to the shape of the PSP. But I struggle with a lot of PSP stuff that requires lots of fast direction changes and button combinations, so it might just be my problem.

Cheers that looks good. Has English player names aswell :angry:

How do I transfer this to the PSP memory chip?

Does the value pack come with a USB cable?

Or will I need to purchase one? If so can someone point me in the direction of one, or a piece of hardware that will allow me to transfer the data (such as a memory chip reader).

if u have a sony digital cam you can use the lead from that

Yes.

It plays pretty much exactly like Winning Eleven 9.  You can't say fairer than that.

It feels a bit tougher to control thanks to the shape of the PSP.  But I struggle with a lot of PSP stuff that requires lots of fast direction changes and button combinations, so it might just be my problem.

Yeah, certainly can't see myself playing on 5 STARS, much tougher on PSP due to restricted view (no WIDE camera), controls are more awkward as Stroker says and I actually find it hard on the eyes with such as fast moving game. Not in the same way as something like WipEout, it's just more busy on screen so it gets tough to judge everything. That, or I'm going blind.

PSP D-Pad shows itself up to be a piece of shit yet again. Unplayable with the d-pad unless you're on level 1. The directions may aswell be seperate buttons (I know they are but I hope you get what I mean)

If the hackers on the scene look into anything on this game it should be to find the camera values and move it out further. WE NEED WIDE CAM!

The detail is stunning though and it's WE on handheld at the end of it all so just enjoy.

Yeah, certainly can't see myself playing on 5 STARS, much tougher on PSP due to restricted view (no WIDE camera), controls are more awkward as Stroker says and I actually find it hard on the eyes with such as fast moving game. Not in the same way as something like WipEout, it's just more busy on screen so it gets tough to judge everything. That, or I'm going blind.

PSP D-Pad shows itself up to be a piece of shit yet again. Unplayable with the d-pad unless you're on level 1. The directions may aswell be seperate buttons (I know they are but I hope you get what I mean)

If the hackers on the scene look into anything on this game it should be to find the camera values and move it out further. WE NEED WIDE CAM!

The detail is stunning though and it's WE on handheld at the end of it all so just enjoy.

Yeah, pretty much agree. Hard to hit diagonals make the game a bit of a chore to play on the d-pad. :D

A valiant first attempt at WE on new hardware though, should be more solid next year.

Yeah, pretty much agree. Hard to hit diagonals make the game a bit of a chore to play on the d-pad. :P

A valiant first attempt at WE on new hardware though, should be more solid next year.

<_<

But its amazing? Why dont people use the nub? I have never had a problem with the nub at all. Dont think of it as an analogue stick, more as a slightly more responsive D pad, you will get on with it a lot better.

For those who asked:

There is no master league, there is a league option though.

There is a ripped version out there that can fit on a 512mb mem stick, no comentary and stuff on there though.

Runs with newest fastloader.

You get all the proper teams/kits/badges/names from a save file that can be downloaded and easily put into your save file.

Running from mem stick there are no loading noteable loading times or slow down when you up the clock speed to 266mhz.

It plays like a dream! B)

Question to those that have played it - seeing as the WIDE option has been removed (daft IMO) does the PSP's widescreen go some way to negate that on the normal views?

I find the view ok, I think widescreen would of been a worthy addition, but you just start to use the radar more.

EDITED as I just notcied I am talking bollocks.

No Prov Evo experience....how does one update this game save file (I'm using a Mac at home)? All my previous attempts to use save PSP files off the web have met with disaster.

Download the game save. Unzip it. Then cut and paste it into your game save folder on your PSP mem stick. Easy peasy.

I doubt a mac would be any more difficult?

No Wide view is enough to guarantee I won't touch this.  Not that I would anyway; I don't travel enough to need a portable WE/PES.

Fair enough. I dont find the lack of wide view that bad. But then I aint really an expert on winning eleven. I probably wouldnt be as hyped about it if it was on the PS2, but its just seems so perfect on a handheld.

going back to what Tyler said about someone hacking the camera view and trying to bring it out a bit. I get the feeling that the reason they have not brought the view out is something to do with not wanting to have to draw in the stadium and stuff. You never see the fans or stadium unless the camera changes for a goal kick/free kick.

HOWEVER, maybe overclocking could be the answer round any performance problems pulling the camera back would cause.

Either way this is the best handheld footy game ever, and probably the best footy game I have played full stop. Akthoughg I have not played all these previous Jap iterations on the PSP or Gamecube.

Fair enough.  I dont find the lack of wide view that bad.  But then I aint really an expert on winning eleven.  I probably wouldnt be as hyped about it if it was on the PS2, but its just seems so perfect on a handheld.

I'm just too set in my ways, and can't stand any view but Wide.

I sound like a pensioner or something! :D

I'm just too set in my ways, and can't stand any view but Wide.

I sound like a pensioner or something!  :D

Same. Something to do with reducing opportunities for slowdown maybe? Makes sense I suppose.

Really annoying, though. And yes, I could just use the radar. But I shouldn't have to change my style of play because they've squeezed a game onto a machine that can't quite technically handle it really.

But, you know, fuck it. It's WE on a PSP. It'll do.