Winning Eleven 9 (psp) Famitsu Score

stellar12

Same. Something to do with reducing opportunities for slowdown maybe? Makes sense I suppose.

Really annoying, though. And yes, I could just use the radar. But I shouldn't have to change my style of play because they've squeezed a game onto a machine that can't quite technically handle it really.

But, you know, fuck it. It's WE on a PSP. It'll do.

Well my guess is technically it can do it, but until Sony allow developeres to use the full power of the PSP, rather than limiting them to preserve battery life, we will get this sort of thing.

My opinion:

The controls work ok EXCEPT for the fact that the d-pad sucks absolute donkey balls....

The game really does show up the slow response time of the screen...I presonally find it quite hard to play for any length of time due to this...

Other than that it's pretty nice!

Wow. Just had a couple of games and it's pretty sweet. Didn't find the D-Pad too bad and strangely the ref was rather lenient. I found the view ok as i used to play in that mode. I always found it more conducive to dribbling as you can see the ball and player's feet more clearly.

I noticed that the strategies have been moved to the select button. R trigger is sprint. Tap it to trap the ball. L trigger is the same as L1 and can be used for 1-2s. Not sure if you can super cancel as my batteries ran out when i was about to go on the training pitch. Possibly R and Triangle or something like that would make sense but maybe it has been removed completely.

My opinion:

The controls work ok EXCEPT for the fact that the d-pad sucks absolute donkey balls....

The game really does show up the slow response time of the screen...I presonally find it quite hard to play for any length of time due to this...

Other than that it's pretty nice!

I havent notcied anything to do with that at all? Weird.

Are you getting some sort of motion blur or something?

Ah...never played one since ISS on the snes about 12 years ago.  I was worried for a while there!

Any chance you could give me a run down on the whole control set up?  I'm really lost...

So far I have picked up

X = pass When in control of ball, tackle (not sliding) when not on ball

Square = Shoot when with ball, hold square when not on ball to press the defenders with your non controlled player.

Traingle = through ball or rush your keeper out when holding the triangle and not in control of ball

O = high ball or slide tackle when noty got the ball.

R trigger is sprint with or without ball.

L trigger and sqaure is a lob

L trigger and triangle is a lofted through ball

Tap R trigger to do a step over trick when in control of the ball.

And ehm, a good few more probably, but that should be enough for you to be getting on with :huh:

You seem to of done a blank post there Willy.

As for fast sprint, I dunno, I havent figured that out yet.

Also its still R trigger and cirlce to launch the ball into the box, and when in position circle to cross it, hitting the circle different amounts of times determines what sort of cross you will put in.

This really is far better than pro evo 4 for me. Seems to play a much better game of footy.

I havent notcied anything to do with that at all?  Weird.

Are you getting some sort of motion blur or something?

All I can say is that I find the ghosting quite bad on this, far worse than in Ridge Racers...

But then again I've yet to find a TFT I'm happy with, and I've used ones with much better response times than the PSP screen (25ms? I believe that's what the specs are) that other people say have no ghosting...Some people don't notice it (and to be honest I wish I didn't!)

Don't you simply tap the d-pad twice in the direction you're running? Haven't tried it yet but it works like that on the PS2.

I always found that method too clumsy, it didn't work half the time.

Anyone else receive the 154 page japanese to english translation book for player names? ;) Bit bizarre, even translates the made up player names, which seems a bit pointless. Suppose it's handy for those who can't connect to ps2 we9 to copy the options file.

I always found that method too clumsy, it didn't work half the time.

Anyone else receive the 154 page japanese to english translation book for player names?  ;)  Bit bizarre, even translates the made up player names, which seems a bit pointless. Suppose it's handy for those who can't connect to ps2 we9 to copy the options file.

Well the file is available for download, so as long as you have a card reader or USB cable for your PSP then its not an issue.

There's an option in the controller options which has Type 1, 2, 3. This is so the analogue stick can be used for either running, for tricks or for manual passing. The position of the nub though makes it pretty impossible to use for tricks or manual passing though.

So far I have picked up

X = pass When in control of ball, tackle (not sliding) when not on ball

Square = Shoot when with ball, hold square when not on ball to press the defenders with your non controlled player.

Traingle = through ball or rush your keeper out when holding the triangle and not in control of ball

O = high ball or slide tackle when noty got the ball.

R trigger is sprint with or without ball.

L trigger and sqaure is a lob

L trigger and triangle is a lofted through ball

Tap R trigger to do a step over trick when in control of the ball.

And ehm, a good few more probably, but that should be enough for you to be getting on with  :angry:

Cool, that's good, thanks.

I downloaded the save file and now I can switch players. Seriously, before I had it the game was only letting me control one player per match - not even switching when my team had the ball.

The save hasn't translated everything though. 'Chelsea' for instance is still written in Japanese.

It plays a lot better now but I'm still shit. Even lost in England vs Wales.

What are the different game modes?

I've been playing this for an hour after my copy arrived in the post this morning, i'm really disappointed with it.

I get slow down on free kicks.

It takes what seems like ages to load a game

The responsiveness of the players is terrible.

The lack of the wide mode is driving me insane and it just plays like a turd. These games have got progressively worse since WE6:FE. Arse.

I've been playing this for an hour after my copy arrived in the post this morning, i'm really disappointed with it.

The responsiveness of the players is terrible.

The lack of the wide mode is driving me insane and it just plays like a turd. These games have got progressively worse since WE6:FE. Arse.

have a hug.

_39214314_foe_dicaniosignget.jpg

These two can be resolved by playing off the memstick, if that's possible for you.

I assume you mean:

Rather than the responsiveness of the players!

And while I can forgive the former for hardware limitations (that can be overcome), the simple fact is that I don't think the controls work (as I've said previously) on the PSP, largely due to the terrible D-pad, and mediocre shoulder buttons...Lack of super cancel (that I can see anyway) is proving a bit annoying as well...

But then I hate WE9 as well to be honest, a real step backwards in fun imo...

These two can be resolved by playing off the memstick, if that's possible for you.

So I hear. The very idea is a joke though - spend £35 on a game and then disregard it for a pirate version on the memory stick.

I shouldn't have to do that just for the sodding thing to be playable. I was really looking forward to it as well ;)

So I hear. The very idea is a joke though - spend £35 on a game and then disregard it for a pirate version on the memory stick.

I shouldn't have to do that just for the sodding thing to be playable. I was really looking forward to it as well ;)

I see what you are saying, but you can actually just dump your UMD onto the mem stick, so its not really a pirate copy.

But yeah, ridiculous really. Off mem stick its brilliant though. No loading times of any note, plus you can clock it to 266mhz and get no slowdown at all.