IGNORED

Winning Eleven 9 (psp) Famitsu Score

stellar12

here :

http://files.pspupdates.qj.net/cgi-bin/cfi...0,1,0,0,26,1278

doesnt do all the teams and players but i think all the premiership and some of the other leagues to

Doesn't change any of the menus - but if u have played pro evo as much as me you'll soon learn what eveything is

Cisse is very quick and has a thunderess shot on him , crouch is v.tall scores headers and seems to have a terrible touch ( seems they have Cisse and Crouch mixed up a little lol)

Playing a wifi game the other day... and my mate was wondering why I was celebrating a goal, as on his PSP, the ball hit the post and off for a goal kick. Sure enough, we watch the replay on both machines. The ball went in the back of the net on mine, and bounced off the post on my mates (although the goal still stood). Quality :wub:

Going back to the PS2 version really shows it up, too.. something to piss about with on the train then, but it's just not sucking me in like WE9 PS2 did.

I'd just wish they'd lost some stadium and player detail in the hope it would bump the framerate up a notch, it just feels ever so slightly sluggish as is, imo.

Playing a wifi game the other day... and my mate was wondering why I was celebrating a goal, as on his PSP, the ball hit the post and off for a goal kick. Sure enough, we watch the replay on both machines. The ball went in the back of the net on mine, and bounced off the post on my mates (although the goal still stood). Quality :lol:

:wub: That's pretty shocking.

That is pretty bad.

I've had it a few days and have slowly gotten into it after at first finding it unforgiving (I just can control the players when I'm defending, not easy enough to stay close manually and pressing is a foul) but I still like it a lot.

But: I'm running it on a US PSP, firmware 1.5, using the WAB version changer and I have the save file to update kits badges and names. It all loads fine but if I start a league and play the first match it crashes when it saves. It fills the save bar but just hangs with the memory stick access light staying on, left it for ages but nothing and it took a while for it to respond to the home button to get out.

Anyone else have this?

Not convinced by this.

Yet.

The lack of wide view is killing me.

Not got use to the loss of two buttons as yet.

Trying to indentify how close to WE9 PS2 it is but cant seem to make any true comparisons yet. Early impressions it seems to me after a few days its a rushed conversion.

Downgrade the models, reduce the view so the framerate is ok. Remove any features we cant fit (master league) and heres your Winning 11 lite. At this time it also feels like the gameplay has actually changed from W11 PS2.

Not convinced at all, but too early to make a informed decision...will keep playing...

I've had this for 4 or 5 days now and, overall, I like it. I think a lot of that is the chance to play WE9 in some form - I don't have a chipped or import PS2 - and the 'it's WE on the PSP!'-type wow factor. I can forgive the game the loading and slowdown issues but the thing that's beginning to drive me mad is the PSP itself; it's probably the worst controller I've ever used. The combination of

- clicky shoulder buttons

- dodgy square button

- having to hold the PSP at the right angle and distance while playing

- awkward button/d-pad/analogue stick positioning (for me anyway)

- slightly dodgy d-pad diagonals

is giving me wrist ache, something that I've never experienced before, and makes me want PES 5 on the PS2 asap. This is the first PSP game that I've played at any length which requires you to use every button all the time. I just don't think that the console is suited to games that require this; I'm going to think long and hard about which games I buy for the PSP in future.

Given that Sony generally got things so right with the PS1/PS2 controllers it's surprising that the PSP is so un-ergonomic (IMHO). I get the impression that the PSP was more about how it looked than what it's like to actually use ;)

Stuff

You are not wrong. It is a very cramped controller to use for any length of time. I'm not sure if one of those horrible-looking add-ons that make it look like a dual shock would be any good, but as it stands I can only managed one or two matches before I need a break.

I dont find it too bad. But the longest I ever play it is for about an hour at a time. Which by then I must admit my hands are quite glad of the rest.

I cant use the d pad at all though, so luckily I get on ok with nub.

Still loving this game though, its so much better than PES4 for me. Its threatening to overtake lumines and Hotshots golf as the game that has been in my PSP the most.

EDIT: over further time though the lack of a master league option will probably be what kills it as a single player experience for me though.

here :

http://files.pspupdates.qj.net/cgi-bin/cfi...0,1,0,0,26,1278

doesnt do all the teams and players but i think all the premiership and some of the other leagues to

Doesn't change any of the menus - but if u have played pro evo as much as me you'll soon learn what eveything is

Cisse is very quick and has a thunderess shot on him , crouch is v.tall scores headers and seems to have a terrible touch ( seems they have Cisse and Crouch mixed up a little lol)

Isn't there one that changes everything including the menu? If not any chance someone can host this or put it somewhere. pspupdates download section is rammed.

I think the game is ok, but it doesn't suit PSP. I also played it a couple of matches so far and find it difficult to score goals. Sony need to make sure developers could test PSP games on UMD before releasing it to the public.

I wouldn't buy any more winning eleven games on PSP in the future. I got PS2 of WE9, PSP WE9U, GC WE6FE and PES 4 on XBOX.

i have played WE9 on PSP.

(Bearing in mind i'm a lover of all things Pro Evo) It's really good but there are only 3 camera angles and you cant alter the camera 'swing' so that the goal line is not vertical on the screen (i hate the goal line being practically vertical).

a personal thing sure, but it became a bit annoying.

perhaps it will be different when it becomes PES5, but i dunno.

I'll host the team patch when I get back tonight if someone will tell me how to hook it up and transfer files with the PS2 version

if you haven't worked it out already, to use the save file, just unzip it and stick the folder (don't rename it) on your memory card under the savedata folder (should see other similarly named folders in there from your other games).

simple as that.

i find it amusing that whoever composed the save game decided not to rename chelsea or arsenal, and left them in the katakana ...

Ji Sung Park is still in Japanese after using the translated option file. He is dead good though so I'll let him off.

Ironic that even on the small screen of the psp you see more of the game than the big consoles, cos it's in proper widescreen. Perhaps this is why the slowdown is so bad?

if you haven't worked it out already, to use the save file, just unzip it and stick the folder (don't rename it) on your memory card under the savedata folder (should see other similarly named folders in there from your other games).

I meant using the games built in transfer menu.

Anyway to stop the PMs here's the link to the option file.

Ji Sung Park is still in Japanese after using the translated option file. He is dead good though so I'll let him off.

Ironic that even on the small screen of the psp you see more of the game than the big consoles, cos it's in proper widescreen. Perhaps this is why the slowdown is so bad?

Maybe its your TV, because I can see f*k all compared to the big consoles.

Can anyone explain how to start a wireless game, I cant work it out?

Naturally I go into the 'WIRELESS' menu option then Im stuck...

I saw my friends do it once.... i beleve you got to assign names for each other first before you can set up a game (in the wireless menu), thats all i can remember really.. they did find it hard to do... but was a treat when it did work (they played 2 players)....