IGNORED

Sin City S.E and now Sin City 2 info

Olimar is down

Good fun while it lasts, but nothing to look back on and savour.

That's what i thought, I enjoyed it a lot but it was all pretty pointless in the end.

Also - did they really leave out Marv's "nothing tastes better than cigarette when you haven't had one for a long time" line, or whatever it is?

Also also - Halle Berry is rubbish in it. Valkyrie my ass.

That's what i thought, I enjoyed it a lot but it was all pretty pointless in the end.

What's that supposed to mean? Does every film have to convey a message or something? If you read this thread (or the other one) you'll see that many people were entertained to bits and love talking about it's many cool moments. Isn't that enough to justify it's existence?

Of all the reviews I've read, this one probably sums it up best.

"Nasty, uncompromising, an instant cult classic, Sin City is most definitely not for every taste (were it not so stylized, it would surely have earned an X for grue), but it is that once-a-year reminder, hot and dangerous, of why it is a lot of us started going to the movies in the first place"

When I go to to a cinema with a big ass screen and super sound I want to be thrilled and entertained and this is a movie that does that. With style.

I'm kinda different to most people here in that whilst watching it, although it was nice to look at I was bored as fuck. Really wanted it to end. Maybe this was because the person I was with was saying how shit it was and that was dragging me down too. I was so bored of it after a while though.

Yet now when I think back to it, I keep thinking about how cool it was. Really memorable shots... but I dunno if I could sit through it again, even though I kinda want to already.

I'm kinda different to most people here in that whilst watching it, although it was nice to look at I was bored as fuck. Really wanted it to end.

Same here.

The only bit I really got into - apart from all the boobs - was the Guy on the run after being blamed for killing Goldie.

Coulda made a film out of just that bit and ditched Clive Owen all together IMO.

Josh Hartnett's character belongs to a separate story in the comics and is unrelated to the rest of the film. Who hired him is irrelevant.

Can someone without a pole up their arse clarify please? I've no idea if he was supposed to be a hitman or what. If he was, then who hired him to kill the girl at the end?

What a prick. I answered your question; it's not my fault you're too thick to understand. Yes, he's a hitman. Difficult one to figure out, that.

Who hired him is irrelevant because he's supposed to be a shadowy Grim Reaper figure. It's the point of his character in the film; he just appears out of the blue and takes people down with no explanation.

What a prick. I answered your question; it's not my fault you're too thick to understand. Yes, he's a hitman. Difficult one to figure out, that.

Who hired him is irrelevant because he's supposed to be a shadowy Grim Reaper figure. It's the point of his character in the film; he just appears out of the blue and takes people down with no explanation.

You're right, that was totally obvious. Cheers.

Jesus. You've been a right arse in this folder over the past few days, linkster.

I asked a question, your condascending answer got on my tits, not for the first time. I haven't read the comics. Hartnett's character made no sense to me. Thanks for eventually clearing it up.

Can someone without a pole up their arse clarify please? I've no idea if he was supposed to be a hitman or what. If he was, then who hired him to kill the girl at the end?

His character is called The Salesman, and he's a freelance assassin who was hired by the women to bump Becky off.

I think it's from a story called 'The Customer Is Always Right'.

I've got a suspicion he may appear in some of the other Sin City films that are more-than-likely to be made. Maybe it'll flesh it out a bit, but I doubt it. I've ordered several comics from Amazon based on my immiediate love for the film, and I'm hoping to see it again sometime next week.

I seriously love it.

Saw this last night. Absolutely fantastic film. Loved it, start to finish. Just great. Not 100% sure why though.

Can someone just settle something for me?

SPOILER:

Was the bird that josh Hartnet bumped off at the beginning of the film the hooker that got away? Becky with the blue eyes, I think.